I’ve been using Stitcher on my iPhone since June 24, 2011 to listen to a variety of podcasts. I just can’t seem to get enough of them. I recently looked up my stats in the app:
- My listening hours – 2,817
- Number of episodes – 6,579
Holy crap! I’m not sure how to feel about these numbers. Obviously, I don’t just sit around in my pajamas while I listen; I’m most frequently driving, running, getting ready for work in the morning, or cooking dinner at night. Even so, that’s a heck of a lot of my time – over 16 weeks! That must make me some kind of weird expert on random stuff, right!? Likely not. But I do learn quite a bit while being entertained, which is the whole point for me. Many shows have come and gone from my playlist over the last 3 1/2 years. I’d like to share with you some of my current favorites that I think more folks should know about. Have a listen and enjoy!
- Listen Money Matters – Fun money advice for beginners mixed with beer drinking.
- Stacking Benjamins – Lighthearted and goofy for a more intermediate crowd, a fun listen.
- So Money with Farnoosh Torabi – Interviews with successful professionals every day and weekend Q&As.
- Bulletproof Radio – Love me my bulletproof coffee!
- The Tim Ferriss Show – All about being productive and efficient in life.
- Robb Wolf – The Paleo Solution – Rob consistently gets interesting guests.
- Latest in Paleo – Angelo shares his well-informed thoughts on healthy eating and lifestyle.
- Marathon Talk – Hosts Martin and Tom are super likeable! Been listening faithfully for years.
- Trail Runner Nation – Hosts Don and Scott crack me up with their “casual” interviewing style.
- Ultra Runner Podcast – I love to hear from runners covering a crazy amount of mileage.
- Endurance Planet – I like their “Ask the Coach” sessions on training and fueling.
- The Kevin and Bean Show – I’ve loved this KROQ morning show since high school!
- NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour – Fun discussion about film, TV, music, and book happenings.
- Extra Hot Great – Their weekly Game Time is the highlight for me.
- Filmspotting – Introduces me to films that I might have overlooked otherwise.
Here’s a recent list of US News’ Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts to Follow. I’m going to check a few of them out!